"We thank all our clients who nominated us for the 2012 Seal of Satisfaction Award in the attorney category for Chattanooga. We are honored to receive this recognition for the hard work that our disability and benefits team has put into helping our clients move forward in their lives." - Eric L. Buchanan
Disability Insurance Lawyers
Get Someone on Your Side Who Knows Your Rights
We understand what a difficult time it can be when you become disabled, but cannot get your benefits because some bureaucrat has denied your claim. Our attorneys and staff are here to help you protect your rights.
- Eric Buchanan & Associates is a full-service disability benefits law firm.
Eric's disability benefits team helps disabled people nationwide fight denials of long-term disability insurance benefits, ERISA disability benefits, and social security disability benefits.
- Helping disabled people win disability benefits, insurance benefits or employee health benefits is all we do.
So we can focus on helping people get disability benefits, we don’t handle other types of cases, such as workers compensation or personal injury,although we do work closely with very good attorneys who do handle those types of cases. We have five attorneys and three legal assistants, as well as other support staff, who are well-trained in disability benefits law and can help our clients present the best disability case possible.
- Other attorneys respect what we do.
In fact, our single largest referral source is other attorneys
- Eric Buchanan regularly teaches disability law to other attorneys.
Eric has taught continuing legal education classes at the National Disability Law Conference seven times. He has taught classes at the Association of Trial Lawyers of America’s (ATLA), now AAJ, national convention four times. He has also taught classes on Social Security, ERISA law, and disability law at local conferences and classes in Tennessee, Florida, California, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia.
- Eric Buchanan and Scott Wilson are certified as Social Security Disability Specialists by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Our attorneys have thirty-four years of combined experience representing people seeking Social Security benefits and have represented a total of more than 4,000 people in Social Security hearings.
- Eric’s disability team has helped hundreds of people nationwide fight wrongful denials by insurance companies.
Insurance companies are NOT on your side; they know the law and use it to their advantage. Insurance companies try to save money by denying claims for benefits and they often deny legitimate claims hoping you will not appeal. We understand the law associated with The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), bad faith insurance law, contract law, and other areas of the law that will help you win your case but that the insurance company will use against you, if you are unrepresented.
- Eric Buchanan leads his team with the dedication he learned as a U.S. Navy Pilot.
- Our two partners, Eric Buchanan and Scott Wilson, are Eagle Scouts.
- ERISA Long-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Private Disability Insurance
- ERISA Benefits
- Social Security Disability
- Health Insurance Claims
- Life Insurance Claims
- Health Insurance Subrogation Claims
- Long-Term Care Benefits
If you are unable to work and have not yet filed a claim for disability benefits, you should. If you want help filing an application, contact us.
If your insurance company has denied your benefits, you should contact a disability insurance lawyer right away. If you have applied for benefits and have not received an answer promptly, contact us.
414 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37402
PO Box 11208, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37401
General information: email@example.com