Insurance companies have many reasons to deny a claim, but the statements listed below are the most common. In future blogs, we at Eric Buchanan & Associates will explore each reason and provide a strategy to prevent your receiving a denial for any one of these:
• Your medical records do not support your disability;
• There is no objective evidence in support of total disability;
• We have spoken with your doctor and he or she agrees with us;
• Your claim is denied based on an erroneous definition of your occupation;
• Your physical limitations do not preclude you from performing the duties of your own
• Doctor “Smith” reviewed your records and says you are not disabled;
• You are not disabled from performing any occupation;
• Your disability is caused by a mental condition;
• You are no longer disabled.
A initial denial of long-term disability benefits is to be expected, and Eric Buchanan & Associates is committed to getting you the benefits you need and deserve. A denial is just the starting point of our work for you. Because courts only look at the information and evidence submitted to the insurance company before a final denial is made, it is crucial to contact an experienced long-term disability attorney in time to help you with the appeal.
Getting Legal Help
The experienced disability team at Eric Buchanan & Associates has handled thousands of disability claims, and has many years of experience in disability insurance, ERISA long term disability and Social Security disability law.
Give us a call today at 877-634-2506 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your appointment.