Insurance companies have many reasons to deny a claim, but the statements listed below are the most common. In future blogs, we at Eric Buchanan & Associates will explore each reason and provide a strategy to prevent your receiving a denial for any one of these:
- Your medical records do not support your disability;
- There is no objective evidence in support of total disability;
- We have spoken with your doctor and he or she agrees with us;
- Your claim is denied based on an erroneous definition of your occupation;
- Your physical limitations do not preclude you from performing the duties of your own occupation;
- Doctor “Smith” reviewed your records and says you are not disabled;
- You are not disabled from performing any occupation;
- Your disability is caused by a mental condition;
- You are no longer disabled.
A initial denial of long term disability benefits is to be expected, and Eric Buchanan & Associates is committed to getting you the benefits you need and deserve. A denial is just the starting point of our work for you. Because courts only look at the information and evidence submitted to the insurance company before a final denial is made, it is crucial to contact an experienced long term disability attorney in time to help you with the appeal.
Getting Legal Help
The experienced disability team at Eric Buchanan & Associates has handled thousands of disability claims, and has many years of experience in disability insurance, ERISA long term disability and Social Security disability law.
Give us a call today at (877) 634-2506 or email us at email@example.com to set up your appointment.